23 Sept 2015

Quinn and Chance

Here are my boys - Quinn is the roan, and Chance is the black bay. This is the first day I turned them out at our place when we moved in 4 years ago, and I love this photo because they were, and still are, so happy to have the space to run. 

My passion for horses came to light when I was 5, and I always managed to find a way to be around them. I've learned some of the most important lessons in my life from horses. After a fairly successful career as a trainer, I left my equestrian life in my 20's for an education, then work and family, and I was a 'has been' in the realm of horses.

I got Quinn as a weanling in 2002, and I'm grateful for him every day. He is a ham, and a muddy mess, but he has a heart of gold and will do anything for me. Chance came to me from my brother; and he brought the two of us closer. I rode Chance until I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with my daughter (she's almost 8 now), with never an incident. I can put my daughter on either of these horses now and have no worries. These boys have been partners for almost ten years.

I was lost, and these boys have brought me back home. I can rely on them to help me find clarity, to remember who I am, and to remind me that I have the strength to move forward no matter what the obstacle. At 45, with all my flaws and shortcomings, they help me remember that I am the best I've ever been, and I'm only getting better. They help me be the woman I want my daughter to learn from.

Thanks for sharing all the heartwarming stories, and your beautiful art.

Lynda Lindsey,
 Orlando, USA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!